Filed under: Uncategorized
4th Annual Community Manager Appreciation Day: Jan 28, 2013:
It’s that time of year again, to send a kind note to the Community Managers who have helped your company, or you as a customer using social media channels. Like System Admin day, or Administrative Professionals day, we take one day a year to thank and appreciate those who are helping us connect to customers in a sometimes thankless job.
While no gifts are required, the purpose is to give a genuine thank to the never ending, often thankless job of supporting customers and balancing internal stakeholders, a tough balance when the whole world is watching. Whether you’re a community manager at a tiny startup in India, or the head of community at Adobe (hola Rachel Lux) or community manager at an agency like Edelman representing your clients, now’s your time to shine.
Over the years, this even has become a global phenomenon, as people organize in person events, workshops, conferences, cocktails, dinners and publish digital artifacts. I’ll cross link to all who are planning an event (real world or online) in the hopes or coordinating as a central place.
So please, leave a comment about your upcoming event
- Wikipedia has a page for this event
- Participate on the Twitter Hashtag #CMAD
- Meetup has a list of Community Manager events, many ongoing
- 2011 Annual Community Manager Appreciation Day
- 2010 Annual Community Manager Appreciation Day
- Radian 6 has stats from the impact of the global event
- Submit below in comments, and I’ll update.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment